Physical Education & Health
Physical education is an integral part of the total education of every child at Houston Elementary. Our school's physical education program focuses on physical competence, health-related fitness, self-responsibility and enjoyment of physical activity for all students so that they can be physically active for a lifetime. Houston Elementary offers a quality physical education program for all levels.
All physical education programs provide students to have the opportunity to:
- Improve their fitness by increasing muscular strength, flexibility, muscular endurance, body composition and cardiovascular endurance.
- Develop their motor skills that allow for safe, successful and satisfying participation in physical activities.
- Develop their personal health and fitness by learning how to make healthy choices.
- Reinforce knowledge that they have learned across the other academic areas such as science, math and social studies.
- Develop their social skills such as leadership, cooperation, sportsmanship, responsibility.
- Improve their self-confidence and self-esteem by providing opportunities to be more confident, assertive, independent and self-controlled.
- Set and strive for personal and achievable goals.